Information for foreign visitors
Foreign visitors from 80 countries can visit the territory of Grodno and the Grodno region without a visa.
- In order to enter the visa-free territory a foreign visitor should possess the document which is issued by Belarusian tourist agency.
- In order to obtain the document a foreign visitor is:
- to address Belarusian travel agency which has the right to issue such documents;
- to receive confirmation approving a foreign traveler’s right to enter Belarus visa-free, and to obtain tourist service which should be booked in advance.
- Before entering Belarus a foreign visitor is to get a health insurance for staying in Belarus.
- A foreign visitor entering Belarus visa-free is to present the following documents at Belarus State Border checkpoint:
- a valid document which allows to cross State Borders of foreign countries (passport);
- the document issued by Belarusian travel agency which allows to enter the above mentioned territories visa-free;
- Health insurance.
- A migration card is to be drawn up at the checkpoint of Belarus State Border.
Comment: in case of migration card loss, a tourist will be fined.
More information can be found on the website https://grodnovisafree.by/en/how-to-come.html
How to get to Grodno from Minsk?
Every hour from the Central Bus Station in Minsk depart buses and rout buses (by a rout bus you can get to Grodno faster). An up-to-date schedule can be found on the following websites: http://avgrodno.by/raspisanie/, http://ticketbus.by
The train station is situated next to the bus station
Train schedule can be found on the website: http://rasp.rw.by/
Online ticket purchase service is also available on this website.
Transport to Grodno
Grodno has a well-developed transportation system. You can use buses, trolleybuses, rout busses and taxis. Tickets for public transport can be purchased at a kiosk at the bus stop or from a driver. Remember to buy a ticket and «activate» it by punching it at the beginning of your trip by bus or trolleybus.
Public transport fare
By bus or trolleybus – 55 copecks (60 cents from the driver) for one trip.
By rout bus (minibus) – 1,20 Belarusian ruble.
ATTENTION!!! You can get a fine if you use public transport without a ticket.
Public transport schedules
Routes and public transport schedules in Grodno can be found on the website https://grodno.btrans.by/ or at the bus stops.
Taxi to Grodno
You can call a taxi by phone: 107, 155, 163, or 7220.
Attractions in Grodno
The city of Grodno is often called Royal. It is famous for its majestic castles, graceful and impressive churches that attract travelers from all over the world: